Attached is the Official Rock for Hockey Financial Assistance Application.
Some notable guidelines from our Application Process:
IF MAILED, THIS APPLICATION MUST BE POST-MARKED NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15th
The purpose of this application form is to gain information to review your request for financial assistance from Rock for Hockey. Your application will be reviewed by our board members. The board will make awards based on your family’s financial information. The board does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, or gender.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for an award:
• Player must be a US citizen
• Player must be a resident of either PA, DE, NJ, MD, VA, or Washington DC at the time of application
• Player must be between the ages of 11 and 16 at the time of application
• Player must be have played the last two (2) consecutive seasons
• Player must be playing the 2018 – 2019 season in PA, DE, NJ, MD, VA, or Washington DC
• Player must compose and submit an essay as outlined later in this application
Applicants may choose to submit the following optional information:
• Additional Information (Section VI)
• A third-party reference (Section VII)
While these sections are optional, their inclusion may better help the Rock for Hockey Board evaluate your application by providingmore contextual information.
Families may be asked to submit the last two (2) years of income tax returns during the review process. Submission of the tax returns is not required to be considered for assistance.
The following applies to awards:
• A single award will be given to a player from an organization or club. That is, no more than a single player within an
organization or club may receive an award for a given season.
• A maximum of four (4) awards will be given each season.
• Award nominees will have five (5) days after award notification to submit a testimonial to Rock for Hockey. If the testimonial is not received by midnight on the fifth day, the nominee will forfeit their award and another nominee will be chosen from the pool of applicants. No exceptions.
Your application and related information will remain confidential and secure