The 2016 Rock for Hockey 5K Run and 2K Fun Walk is On!
For those of you that have been following us, you’ll remember that we had a 5K in Upper Uwchlan in 2014 that was a great success AND our first official fundraiser. Well, we’re back!
Date: Friday, August 26, 2016
Race Day Time Schedule
5:30 PM – Race Day Registration
6:30 PM – 5K Run and 2K Fun Walk
7:00 – Awards Ceremony & Raffle Prizes (Township Parking Lot)
7:30 PM – Post-Race at Liberty Union
Turn your race bib in at LIBERTY UNION after the race for either A FREE BOWL OF ICE CREAM or, if over 21, A FREE DOMESTIC DRAFT (Coors Light, Yuengling, or Sam Adams)!
The run will cover the course through Byers Station as before.
Until August 1st – $20
Online Until August 24th – $25
On Race Day – $25
Top 3 Overall Finishers
Top Finisher In Each Age Group (12&Under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+)
Included with Race Entry
Guaranteed t-shirt to all who register by August 1st. Light refreshments & snacks for after the event. Water will be provided.
Results will be posted on the Chester County Running Store site.
Chester County Running Store is managing the ONLINE REGISTRATIONS
Paper Registrations Mailing Address
Rock for Hockey 5K PO Box 56 Uwchland, PA 19480
Get your Paper Registration Form HERE
For coaches, this will be a great team-building exercise, a little extra dry-land, AND a way to gauge your team’s fitness before the start of the season.
Current raffle prizes include an Amazon Echo as well as other great prizes!
The Rock for Hockey 3rd Annual “Fall Ball” Classic is on the Books!
Date: Monday, October 3rd
Time: 10:30AM – 6PM
Place: 170 A Zynn Road, Downingtown, PA
Rock for Hockey’s goal is to provide material support to US-born hockey players in the mid-Atlantic region that demonstrate a need for assistance in order to continue playing the game. Potential recipients must demonstrate character as well as a commitment to the game. Part of proceeds benefit ice hockey players with financial need.
Take a break on the greens and help a great cause!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 19th!
Registration/Lunch: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Shotgun Start: 12:00 PM
Cocktail Reception (cash bar): 5:00 PM
Dinner and Prizes: 5:30 PM
Your ticket includes:
- Greens fees
- Course refreshments and dinner
Questions? Contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rock for Hockey 2016-2017 Season Application for Financial Assistance is Now Available
The Rock for Hockey Application for Financial Assistance for the 2016 – 2017 season is now available for download in PDF format:
Rock for Hockey will begin to take applications for financial assistance on May 1, 2016. A couple of important points:
- Applications received prior to that date will not be reviewed by the board until after May 1, 2016.
- All applications must be post-marked no later than August 1, 2016 in order to be considered for aid.
- Decisions regarding financial assistance and subsequent notifications will be made in September 2016.
- Financial assistance will also be awarded in September 2016.
The Rock for Hockey mailing address is:
Rock for Hockey
PO Box 56, Uwchland, PA 19480
Applications can also be emailed as an attachment to email@example.com. Questions may also be sent to this email address.
– January 2016: Application for Assistance form made available on Rock for Hockey web site (PDF format).
– May 1, 2016: Rock for Hockey begins to take Applications for Assistance
– August 1, 2016: Deadline for submitting Applications for Assistance to Rock for Hockey
– August 2016: Rock for Hockey Board to make final decision on the Aid Recipients as well as amounts of assistance
– September 2016: Aid awarded to recipients
Target Amounts for Assistance
The Rock for Hockey Board will target to pay the team registration cost balance for individual recipients of assistance. In the case where Rock for Hockey chooses an organization for assistance (rather than an individual) the amount of assistance given to the organization will be roughly equal to the amounts awarded to individual recipients during the same period.
– The Rock for Hockey Board defines the Mid-Atlantic region as PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, and Washington D.C.
– Once completed, the Application for Assistance can be mailed via standard mail or sent via email as an attachment. See the RfH Contact page for information.
– Clarifications or questions regarding assistance can be mailed via standard mail or sent via email as an attachment. See the RfH Contact page for information.
More Events Coming Soon! Check Back Here Often for Details!
Rock for Hockey Award Recipient from 2015-2016 Season Featured in The Hockey News
Read complete story HERE.
Testimonials Page Is Up!
Our Testimonials page is up! Check out the testimonials from the families that received assistance the last few seasons!